- The Desktop Gene Machine
The momentum of developments in bioengineering has left life scientists breathless. CRISPR, the gene editing tech that has been adopted almost...March 24, 2016
- Quiz: How Long Will I Live?
The following quiz, based on behaviors of the long-lived Seventh Day Adventists, is adapted from one created by Thomas Perls, a...March 23, 2016
- Are We Ready For Designer Babies?
The debate on how to regulate CRISPR heats up When Chinese researchers reported using a technique called CRISPR/Cas9 to edit the...March 22, 2016
- This Scientist Wants to Steal – And Implant – Memories
MIT’s Steve Ramirez aims to wipe out bad memories and has even implanted false memories in mice. CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Steve...March 22, 2016
- 5 Foods And Drinks That May Not Be Around For The Next Generation Thanks To Climate Change
Think long and hard about your favorite thing to eat. Take in all the delicious smells. The sheer joy from every...March 8, 2016
- What Will Earth Look Like If All Its Land Ice Melts?
Land ice: We got a lot of it. Considering the two largest ice sheets on earth — the one on Antarctica...March 8, 2016
- The Immortal Jellyfish
It’s one thing to survive in harsh environments, but quite another to hit the reset button when faced with an...February 19, 2016
- 4 Digital Health Innovations That Will Help You Live To 100 And Beyond
Experts predict a continuous but gradual increase in life expectancy but chances are you’re going to live longer than they think....November 18, 2015
- Dawn of Human 2.0? Nanobot Implants Could Soon Give Us ‘God-like’ Super-Intelligence
Dawn of Human 2.0? Nanobot implants could soon connect our brains to the internet and give us ‘God-like’ super-intelligence, scientist claims...November 18, 2015
- The Race to Reverse Aging: 5 Breakthroughs That Could Cheat Death
Ponce de León had maps and compasses; researchers today have stem cells and AI. But the goal remains the same: Discover...November 13, 2015
- The Biggest Biotech Discovery Of The Century Is About To Change Medicine Forever
On a November evening last year, Jennifer Doudna put on a stylish black evening gown and headed to Hangar One, a...February 28, 2015
- How Silicon Valley Is Trying To Cure Ageing
Humanity has long been in search of the mythical Fountain of Youth, from Alexander the Great to knights of the Crusades....February 27, 2015